Unlike back machines and lat machines, which focus on a particular muscle or muscle group, the Total Gym Pull-up Trainer engages all the muscles of the upper body to efficiently and effectively enhance muscle definition and improve overall strength.
Using a percentage of a person’s own bodyweight rather than counterbalance assistance, the Pull-up Trainer is the only assisted pull up machine that allows for plyometric movements.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser:
||Training applications and biomechanics:
- Designed to successfully allow anyone to perform pull up using their own bodyweight
- Strengthens all the muscles of the upper body
- Seven incline levels allow users to progress from pulling as little as 30 percent of their own bodyweight up to 60 percent.
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and increased athleticism
- Exercises can be progressed or regressed to accommodate all fitness levels
- Allows for plyometric movements
- Facilitates a proper pull up with assistance
- Offers four basic hand grip positions
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints
- Restricted range of motion
- Train functionally, using only bodyweight
- Joint friendly, non-compressive
- Reliable tool for assessing upper body strength
- Progress users to full body weight pull ups
- Adjustable incline design allows for partial bodyweight pull ups.
- Seven incline levels allow users to progress from pressing as little as 35 percent of their own bodyweight up to 65 percent.
- Steel and aluminum construction provides long-lasting durability.
- Instructional placard provides easy directions for use and includes link to exercise library with additional and advanced exercise options.
- Glideboard Range of Motion: 33 inches [840 mm]
- In Use: 70” x 45” x44” [L/W/H] (1.8m x 1.1m 1.1m)
- Floor Space (area): 16 Square Feet [1.5 Square Meter]
- Maximum user weight capacity: 400 lbs [181 Kg]
- Frame & Rail Construction: Steel with steel reinforced extruded aluminum rails
- Unit Weight: 120 lbs [55 Kg]
- Glideboard: Synthetic leather covered foam
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Moving Parts (rollers) – 1 year
- Upholstery - 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary
- Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping Weight: 138 lbs
- Shipping Size: 74" x 26" x 12"
Why would the Pull-up Trainer benefit my facility?
The Total Gym Pull-up Trainer is an excellent introduction for people trying to do their first pull-up. Because the user is pulling only 30 per cent of their own bodyweight they are able to actually do a Pull-up on an incline and then can progress until they are able to achieve their goal.
How do you progress on the Pull-Up?
The Total Gym Pull-up Trainer has seven levels of incline which can be easily raised or lowered to accommodate all fitness levels.
Does Total Gym offer any other self-serve stations?
Yes. The Elevate Circuit can accommodate over 80 exercises and comprises
of 6 units in total. The Total Gym Core Trainer, Total Gym Leg Trainer,
Total Gym Pull-up Trainer, Total Gym Press Trainer, Total Gym Jump
Trainer and the Total Gym Row Trainer.
How much space do I need?
The Total Gym Pull-up Trainer requires an area of 16 square feet (1.5 square meters).
What is the user weight capacity?
The maximum user weight capacity of the Total Gym Pull-up Trainer is 400lbs (180 kg).
"As for the Pull-Up Trainer, I really like it, as do my athletes who are working to do their first pull-up." - Mike Boyle - Owner, Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning, Woburn, MA.
“The Pull-Up Trainer has allowed many of our members to accomplish what feels like their first real pull up. The added motivation they feel when they adjust the incline higher and pull up more of their body weight has been exciting to watch. The combination of the Pull-up Trainer, Jump Trainer, Leg Trainer and Core Trainer on our fitness floor has opened up a variety of new exercises for our members. The personal trainers have been coming up with many innovative ways to use each piece and the transition from one machine to another is seamless.” - Gretchen Collins, Director of Fitness at East Bank Club in Chicago, IL.
The Elevate Press & Pull-up trainers have been great tools for our Youth who are learning to execute proper form with push and pull ups. The ability to adjust the angle of the machines allows them to progress and work through different angles building up to a full and complete range of motion. - Chad Prokop, Group Fitness Program Director, Mission Valley YMCA, San Diego, CA.