Total Gym Jump Trainer thoroughly engages the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calf muscles, which helps to tone and strengthen the legs while providing an excellent cardio workout as well.
Uniquely designed to provide a quick eccentric-concentric combo that effectively engages the stretch-shortening cycle allowing users to build muscle mass, develop explosive power and increase vertical jump.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser:
||Training applications and biomechanics:
- Designed for intuitive use and success in performing squats and squat jump exercises
- Increases explosive power and joint flexibility
- Increases vertical jump
- Provides both concentric and eccentric muscle contractions
- Strengthens all the muscles of the lower body
- Allows for plyometric, jumping movements which provide a cardio workout
- Ability to perform multiple squat variations
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and increased athleticism
- Exercises can be progressed or regressed to accommodate all fitness levels
- Eccentric loading trains muscles/tendons to efficiently store and recover energy during jump exercise movements
- Eccentric contractions results in a protective adaptation in the muscles, protecting them from damage.
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints
- Platform provides option for multiple foot positions
- Provides both concentric and eccentric loading
- Ability to adjust range of motion
- Option to train using only bodyweight
- Option to add band variable resistance for increased eccentric force
- Reliable tool for assessing lower body strength
- Adjustable incline design allows for partial bodyweight squats
- Offers both linear bodyweight resistance and band variable resistance
- Two installation settings: Physical Therapy and Fitness each allowing for seven incline level adjustments:
- Physical Therapy Setting: 30 percent of a user's own bodyweight up to 65 percent
- Fitness Setting: 50 percent of a user's own bodyweight up to 80 percent
- Four latex resistance bands allow for an additional 10-70 lbs resistance in 10lb increments
- Steel and aluminum construction provides long-lasting durability
- Includes link to exercise library with additional and advanced exercise options
- Pneumatic brake reduces airborne height which reduces landing impact to protect joints
- Mount/Dismount lock ensures users begin exercise from a safe and comfortable position
- Slide Distance Regulator provides ability to adjust range of motion
- Specially designed curved platform follows anatomic curve of hip to foot ratio ensuring proper biomechanics throughout plyometric movements
- Glideboard Range of Motion: 38 in [97 cm]
- In Use: Size: 104" x 33" x 68" [L/W/H] (2.6m x .8m 1.7m)
- Floor Space (area): 22 Square Feet [2.0 Square Meter]
- Maximum user weight capacity of 400 lbs [180 Kg]
- Frame & Rail Construction: Steel with steel reinforced extruded aluminum rails
- Unit Weight: 230 lbs [105 Kg]
- Glideboard: Vinyl Upholstery
- Rollers: Sealed precision ball bearings
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Moving Parts (rollers) – 1 year
- Upholstery and foam handles – 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary
- Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping weight: 325 lbs (including pallet)
- Shipping Size: 78" x 29" x 22" (including pallet)
FAQ'sI am Physical Therapist. How can I rehab my patients more quickly with the Jump Trainer?
In short, the Total Gym Jump Trainer allows the Clinician to modify the load offering the ability to introduce Plyometric training earlier on in rehab as well as helping a client who has mastered jumping on the floor to the next level. When the Jump Trainer is installed for the Physical Therapy setting, it can accommodate 25% bodyweight resistance at it’s lowest level and up to 65% at it’s highest. The incline adjustments also allow for easier transitions (including wheelchair transfers) on and off the unit.Designed to follow the anatomic curve of the hip to foot ratio, the large curved squat stand ensures that when the knee is extended the ankle is approximately at 90 degrees irrespective of where the foot lands so there is less planar flexion when landing.The Jump Trainer’s wide glideboard and angled backrest allows for more comfort and support for the upper body providing a safe environment for jumping. This allows the Clinician to focus on the patient’s core stabilization response while improving spinal alignment.
I am a Club Owner – why would my members like this machine?
The Total Gym Jump Trainer is simple and easy to use and accommodates all fitness levels. Its versatility lends itself to be either a self-serve unit on the gym floor or part of a small group training circuit. The Jump Trainer supports the spine during a traditional squat exercise so that users can comfortably control the phases of the exercise. The Jump Trainer improves muscular strength, increases muscular endurance and stimulates the neuro-muscular system for every days activities or for enhanced Athletic performance. The routines are limitless and add a calorie-burning, cardio-component. With Plyometric squats the explosive power is increased, as is joint flexibility. Jumping may look easy but when the additional band resistance is in use, your members will feel the burn! And let’s not forget – it’s a whole lot of fun!
How much room does the Jump Trainer take up?
You will need an area of 22 square feet to accommodate the Jump Trainer.
What is the user weight capacity?
The Jump Trainer will accommodate a maximum user weight of 400 lbs.
Can my gym members use the Jump Trainer on their own?
Yes. The Jump Trainer features a detailed placard explaining the exercises and how to use the equipment, making the units extremely approachable.
How many exercises can you do on the machine?
There are over 30 basic exercises that can be found here www.totalgym.com/c-15163-jump-trainer.aspx and users can make up their own Jump variations as well.
Does Total Gym offer any other self-serve stations like the Jump Trainer?
Yes. The Elevate Circuit can accommodate over 80 exercises and comprises of 6 units in total. The Total Gym Core Trainer, Total Gym Leg Trainer, Total Gym Pull-up Trainer, Total Gym Press Trainer, Total Gym Row Trainer and Total Gym Jump Trainer.
I love the Jump Trainer. How can I stop it from moving when a user is exercising?
The Total Gym Jump Trainer must be bolted to the floor or it will move. Please refer to page 11 of your Jump Trainer Owner's Guide for instructions on how to bolt it down. NOTE: Installation must be carried out by a professional installer. The Jump Trainer Owner's Guide can also be downloaded here.
Testimonials"The Jump Trainer has truly exceeded my clients' expectations. It has joined an exclusive group of choice premium pieces in Metabolic Project that have the "WOW" effect. " - Todd Person, Metabolic Project, Los Angeles, CA
"We at the Fischer Institute see a vast array of clients, from 8 year old athletes to total knee replacement patients, to professional/Olympic athletes. Everyone has loved the “cushy padding“, the smoothness of the unit as well as the ease of using the device. Also the platform gives the therapist/trainer so may options to properly train the athlete. We love it!" - Brett Fischer, Fischer Institute, Phoenix, AZ
"Really like my Jump Trainer - Use it for me and my patients everyday - Age ranges from 7 to 94 - Adjustable for all - really great to see the look on their faces when they jump for the first time in their life or the first time in 70 years. Great for core strength too!" - Jerry Klug, Alabama Physical Rehabilitation
"The Jump Trainer works great and is a quality piece of equipment. Very good back support. Just doing squats, 2 and 1 legged for now. Then it's on to the jumps. Thanks." - Erik Johnson, Total Gym customer and user
"The Jump Trainer is extremely popular here! All different ages and fitness level are utilizing it and we have had very positive feedback about it. The trainers here especially like using it with their clients. It is a great piece. I would say it is equally if not more popular than the Core Trainer." - Michael Marquez, Health and Fitness Director, Toby Wells YMCA, San Diego, CA
"This is perfect for my baseball players. They have to go from completely still to fully explosive. You don't realize how hard you're working until you get off because it feels so comfortable." - Charles Shepard, Body by Nature Fitness, Chicago, IL
"The Jump Trainer is an invaluable resource for ACL jump training that's helped many athletes get back to sports quickly." - Siobhan Huggins-Sullivan, Monmouth University
"Patients love that they can do squats on the equipment when they can't perform them on their own." - Katharine Gaj, Three Rivers Health Outpatient Therapy
"Using the Jump Trainer is much smoother than other equipment and more versatile." - Chad Molen, MUPT
"Members love the equipment - the Jump Trainer is probably the most popular of the pieces that we've seen so far.... everybody I've shown it to has come back and used it over and over again. It becomes their go-to-piece of equipment." - Mark Dibattista - Beacon Hill Athletic Club.
"I use the Jump Trainer daily in my training for seniors and kids. The seniors really appreciate. It's real life training for people who can't do squats or have knee damage. It's a great way to work the legs out in a reality-based functional training way." - Nate Prindle, Personal Training and Wellness Coach, Mission Valley Y, San Diego, CA