Total Gym Press Trainer takes the traditional shoulder press and inverts it, providing the unique benefits of inversion while still engaging all the muscles of the upper body to efficiently and effectively enhance muscle definition and improve overall strength.
Using a percentage of a person’s own bodyweight , the Press Trainer is the only closed-chain shoulder press machine that allows for plyometric movements.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser:
||Training applications and biomechanics:
- Designed for intuitive use and success in performing press up
- Strengthens all the muscles of the upper body
- Seven incline levels allow users to progress from pulling as little as 15 percent of their own bodyweight up to 50 percent.
- Allows for plyometric movements.
- Ability to progress a decline push-up
- Inverted position stabilizes shoulder girdle and reduces spinal compression and shoulder impingement.
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and increased athleticism
- Exercises can be progressed or regressed to accommodate all fitness levels
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints
- Offers multiple hand grip positions
- Restricted range of motion
- Train using only bodyweight
- Joint friendly, non-compressive
- Reliable tool for assessing upper body strength
- Adjustable incline design allows for partial bodyweight shoulder press and decline push-ups.
- Seven incline levels allow users to progress from pressing as little as 15 percent of their own bodyweight up to 50 percent.
- Steel and aluminum construction provides long-lasting durability.
- Instructional placard provides easy directions for use and includes link to exercise library with additional and advanced exercise options.
- Glideboard Range of Motion: 33 in [84 cm]
- In Use: Size: 66" x 39" x 41" [L/W/H] (1.7m x 1.0m 1.0m)
- Floor Space (area): 14 Square Feet [1.4 Square Meter]
- Maximum user weight capacity: 400 lbs [181 Kg]
- Frame & Rail Construction: Steel with steel reinforced extruded aluminum rails
- Unit Weight: 116 lbs [53 Kg]
- Glideboard: Synthetic Rubber
- Rollers: Sealed precision ball bearings
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Moving Parts (rollers) – 1 year
- Upholstery - 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary
- Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping weight: 138 lbs
- Shipping Size: 69" x 19" x 14"
Why would my members like the Press Trainer?
The Total Gym Press Trainer is an ideal tool that helps users perform a traditional shoulder press. By inverting the exercises, all muscles of the upper body are engaged but the user is only pulling between 15 - 50 percent of bodyweight, dependent on the incline.This means that people who would not have previously been able to perform this exercise now can and the upper body strengthening lets them easily progress to the next level.
Does Total Gym offer any other self-serve stations?
Yes. The Elevate Circuit can accommodate over 80 exercises and comprisesof 6 units in total. The Total Gym Core Trainer, Total Gym Leg Trainer,Total Gym Pull-up Trainer, Total Gym Press Trainer, Total Gym JumpTrainer and the Total Gym Row Trainer.
How many levels are there on the Press Trainer?
The Total Gym Press Trainer has seven levels of incline which can be raised or lowered to accommodate any fitness levels.
How much floor space does the Press Trainer take up?
You will need an area of 14 square feet (1.4 square meters) to accommodate the Total Gym Press Trainer.
What is the user weight capacity?
The maximum user weight capacity of the Total Gym Press Trainer is 400lbs (180 kg).
The Elevate Press & Pull-up trainers have been great tools for our Youth who are learning to execute proper form with push and pull ups. The ability to adjust the angle of the machines allows them to progress and work through different angles building up to a full and complete range of motion. - Chad Prokop, Group Fitness Program Director, Mission Valley YMCA, San Diego, CA.
Get A Mailed Brochure