Total Gym Core Trainer targets the core musculature as a whole to enhance abdominal muscle definition while improving overall stability of the trunk.
While most ab exercise equipment concentrates on a crunch movement, requiring users to curl up, the primary function of the abdominals is not to flex the spine, but to work cohesively with the back muscles to maintain erect posture and stabilize the spine.
Merely focusing on the external muscles, known as the "abs," like traditional abs exercise equipment, while neglecting the core musculature can lead to an appearance of abdominal distension and potential injury.
Designed to facilitate a plank, the Core Trainer is built on an incline making it easy to begin at the user’s ability level, and allows the exercise specialist to increase the difficulty by changing their body position or adding movement for increased instability.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser: ||Training applications and biomechanics: |
- The only piece of core exercise equipment designed to safely facilitate a proper plank with various options to increase or decrease difficulty based on a user’s strength and ability.
- Provides dedicated area for planking off of the floor.
- Total core strengthening – recruits abdominals, back, hips, shoulders and abdomen to work in unison for better balance and stability.
- Unlike other abdominal fitness equipment, the Core Trainer engages the entire core in order to stabilize, balance, and support the spine for everyday activities and sports performance.
- Minimizes trunk flexion and potentially dangerous forces applied to the spine.
- A unique ab workout machine that offers two primary movements, each facilitating a plank.
- Exercises can be progressed or regressed to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints.
- Restricted range of motion.
- Train prime stabilizers & proprioception.
- Full body support, joint friendly, non-compressive.
- Multiple exercises & variations compared to other abs fitness equipment.
- Reliable tool for assessing core body strength.
- Incline design assists in facilitating a plank; rolling glideboard provides opportunities to increase core recruitment with dynamic movements for instability.
- Compared to other ab gym equipment, it minimizes force applied to the spine.
The Core Trainer is an easy to assemble piece of abdominal gym equipment designed to sit on the gym floor along-side other abdominal exercise equipment in a facility.
While there are several options for ab workout equipment, the Core Trainer is the only machine that targets the entire core for a more functional form of abdominal strenthening.
- Rolling glideboard allows for multiple progression options.
- Steel and aluminum construction provides long-lasting durability.
- Glideboard Range of Motion: 31 inches [787mm]
- Floor Space (area): 12 square feet [1.1 square meters]
- Maximum user weight capacity of 400 lbs [181 kg].
- Frame & Rail Construction: Anodized Aluminum Rails with all connections reinforce by steel
- Unit Weight 80 lbs
- Board Upholstery: Glideboard and Forearm Pad - Self Skinning Foam
- Rollers: Sealed precision ball bearings
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Moving Parts (rollers) – 1 year
- Foam Rubber & Upholstery- 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary
- Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping: Shipping weight 100 lbs
- Shipping size: 67" x 26" x 10"
"In regards to the Core Trainer, in brief I love it. Our members are always on it and it has become a key piece in the club. The reasons why, I believe are as follows:
1. It’s simple. Unlike many other pieces you just get on it and go and I noticed once members see someone on it, they have to try it and then it becomes a key part of their workout.
2. No set up required. You don’t have to rack weights, move pins, adjust the seat or be of a certain fitness level to use it.
3. Diverse. In the Fort Walton Beach location they have a similar piece but the knee pad is half-moon shaped instead of straight making it an acquired ride and the user can’t do lunges or planks on it either." - Chris Gately, Workout Anytime, Panama City
“This thing is amazing! As a new mom, I’m always looking for new exercises that focus on my core. The Core Trainer is the solution! Just because it’s easy to use doesn’t make the burn feel any less intense. There are great diagrams that show you how to use it. I will be using the Core Trainer during every workout from now on.” - Gym Member
“Our members expect top quality and cutting edge equipment like the Total Gym Core Trainer. We were impressed by its simplicity and versatility. Our personal trainers can use it effectively, and our members can challenge themselves in individual workouts. Members have really enjoyed using the Core Trainer. They appreciate the simple instructions and the opportunity to try a different type of ab workout. Trainers appreciate the opportunity to differentiate between the variety of positions and be creative with new exercises.” - Polly Dong, Health Fitness Director, Mission Valley YMCA
“Much better workout than crunches.” - Gym Member
“It’s more fun than just having the roman chair!” - Gym Member
“It’s great for the Abs!” - Gym Member
“Love it! It’s so easy to use.” - Gym Member
“This is a great machine!” - Gym Member
“Members like the Core Trainer because it works! If you put somebody on it and the next day they're sore, it works especially compared to putting someone on the ground to do crunches (which not everyone likes because of neck or back issues). I've see all the trainers use it. It's easy to use!” - Brenda Smith, Club Manager, Workout Anytime Health, OH
“I liked it because it didn't pinch my lower back.” - Gym Member