Total Gym Core Trainer targets the core musculature as a whole to enhance abdominal muscle definition while improving overall stability of the trunk.
While most ab exercise equipment concentrates on a crunch movement, requiring users to curl up, the primary function of the abdominals is not to flex the spine, but to work cohesively with the back muscles to maintain erect posture and stabilize the spine.
Merely focusing on the external muscles, known as the "abs," like traditional abs exercise equipment, while neglecting the core musculature can lead to an appearance of abdominal distension and potential injuryl.
Designed to facilitate a plank, the Core Trainer is built on an incline making it easy to begin at the user’s ability level, and allows the exercise specialist to increase the difficulty by changing their body position or adding movement for increased instability.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser: ||Training applications and biomechanics: |
- The only piece of core exercise equipment designed to safely facilitate a proper plank with various options to increase or decrease difficulty based on a user’s strength and ability.
- Provides dedicated area for planking off of the floor.
- Total core strengthening – recruits abdominals, back, hips, shoulders and abdomen to work in unison for better balance and stability.
- Unlike other abdominal fitness equipment, the Core Trainer engages the entire core in order to stabilize, balance, and support the spine for everyday activities and sports performance.
- Minimizes trunk flexion and potentially dangerous forces applied to the spine.
- A unique ab workout machine that offers two primary movements, each facilitating a plank.
- Exercises can be progressed or regressed to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints.
- Restricted range of motion.
- Train prime stabilizers & proprioception.
- Full body support, joint friendly, non-compressive.
- Multiple exercises & variations compared to other abs fitness equipment.
- Reliable tool for assessing core body strength.
- Incline design assists in facilitating a plank; rolling glideboard provides opportunities to increase core recruitment with dynamic movements for instability.
- Compared to other ab gym equipment, it minimizes force applied to the spine.
The Core Trainer is an easy to assemble piece of abdominal gym equipment designed to sit on the gym floor along-side other abdominal exercise equipment in a facility.
While there are several options for ab workout equipment, the Core Trainer is the only machine that targets the entire core for a more functional form of abdominal strenthening.
- Rolling glideboard allows for multiple progression options.
- Steel and aluminum construction provides long-lasting durability.
- Glideboard Range of Motion: 31 inches [787mm]
- Floor Space (area): 12 square feet [1.1 square meters]
- Maximum user weight capacity of 400 lbs [181 kg].
- Frame & Rail Construction: Anodized Aluminum Rails with all connections reinforce by steel
- Unit Weight 80 lbs
- Board Upholstery: Glideboard and Forearm Pad - Self Skinning Foam
- Rollers: Sealed precision ball bearings
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Moving Parts (rollers) – 1 year
- Foam Rubber & Upholstery- 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary
- Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping: Shipping weight 96 lbs
- Box size: 67x28x10.5 inches
Request Brochure and Video Demo
Get A Mailed Brochure