Just like the Total Gym GTS, the Total Gym PowerTower recreates and strengthens the way your body executes daily physical activities and stores those functions in your muscle memory but with an added advantage - the motorized level lift assist and remote control handles.This allows the user to fine tune the increment levels to their advantage and pin point exact increases or decreases in bodyweight percentage use. The PowerTower has more incremental levels than the GTS.
Delivering the optimum functional training experience, the Total Gym PowerTower works multiple muscle groups together challenging proprioception and core stabilizers by integrating multi-plane movement and unrestricted range of motion in nearly every exercise. This allows you to train more productively. The result is full-body conditioning though the fitness continuum from early post-injury to high performance training.
The incline plane design with motorized incremental calibrated load adjustment, rolling glideboard and dynamic arm cable system makes it easy to begin at the user’s ability level, and allows the exercise specialist to create goal specific training.
Yielding outstanding results at every level—for the beginning exerciser to the elite athlete, Total Gym serves more than 24 million commercial customers every year with excellence in product design and functionality. The Total Gym brand is trusted to deliver the desired results.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser:
||Training applications and biomechanics:
- Short, efficient, full-body workout producing fast, observable, body-changing results
- Body sculpting – recruits core abdominal and back muscles in every exercise
- Increased strength and endurance
- Improved coordination and balance
- Weight and inch loss, improved BMI
- Increased metabolism
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and athleticism
- Cardio-endurance gains during resistance training
- Motorized lift assist allows the fitness professional or physical therapist to raise or lower the levels while the user is still exercising - ie. no dismounting needed
- Remote control handles allow touch-control level adjustments while exercising
- Low impact, safe, complete back support
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints
- Work in all three cardinal planes plus multi-plane (3-D) movement
- Unrestricted range of motion
- Adjust cable-pulley force angles based on client size, girth, and training objective
- Train prime stabilizers & proprioception
- Activity-specific work hardening, including sports-specific movement
- Explosive plyometric training for upper & lower extremities
- Full body support, joint friendly, non-compressive
- Over 200 exercises & variations
- Pilates evolved training & education
- Reliable tool for assessing lower body strength
- Full spectrum of training DVDs available
- Remote control handles allow touch-control level adjustments while exercising
- Motorized level lift assist
- Adjustable glideboard promotes optimal spinal alignment and training variations.
- Automatic rail locks allow for explosive plyometric jumping.
- Multiple center-pulley attachment points double arm-cable load and increase lower extremity ROM.
- LAT bars promote line-of-pull specificity for arm-cable exercises.
- Includes workout DVD.
- More than 200 exercises and variations from resistance training to Pilates.
- Resistance—1% to 72% of bodyweight.
- Tubing: 1.7" x 3.2" Aluminum Extrusion (4.4cm x 8.1cm)
- Tower Construction: Tower is all reinforced steel, silver powder coating with self locking motorized lead screw level changer
- User Weight: Rated to 350 lbs. body weight. (159 kg)
- Maximum Load Capacity: 650 lbs. (295 kg) Inclusive of glideboard
- User Height Limit: 6' 5" (2.0 meters)
- Glideboard: 16" x 48" (41 cm x 122 cm). 7 position Adjustable angles
- Rollers: Better Sealed precision ball bearings
- Pulleys: ABS plastic protective sheilds over a steel frame, Nylon roller with precision ball bearings
- Cables: 2000 lb. test (907.2 kg) nylon 12 coated steel aircraft cable
- Handles: Soft synthetic rubber Padded Handles with ABS swivel handle and nylon webbing for hammer grip action
- Unfolded: 107” x 38” x 78” [L/W/H] (2.7 m x 1.0 m x 2.0 m)
- Folded: 20” x 38” x 65” [L/W/H] (.5 m x 1.0. m x 1.7 m)
- Frame & Rail Construction: Anodized Aluminum Rails with all connections reinforce by steel or forged aluminum
- Unit Weight: 218 lbs (99 Kg)
- Electrical: 115~230 VAC 50~60 Hz
- Board Upholstery: Glideboard - Heavy duty, Two tone design, box stitched, tear resistant vinyl
- Foam Padding: 1 1/2" (4 cm) high rebound, high density foam.
- Resistance Levels: 26 calibrated incline levels, with infinite adjustment between levels. 1% - 72% bodyweight.
- Storage Capabilities: Hydraulic lift assists folding. Folds and stores upright. Rolls in hand-truck fashion.
- Included Equipment: 7 position Adjustable Glideboard; Dynamic [unilateral/bilateral] Pulley System; Multi-point pulley attachment to tower; Motor & Rocker Switch with dual handle remote control level adjustments; soft grip LAT Bars with 7 pulley positions; Folding Foot Holder; Telescoping Squat Stand with 3 height positions and folding platform
- Rolling Range: 40" ( 1.0 meters)
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Parts & Upholstery- 1 year
- Foam & Rubber- 90 days
- Motor-2 years
- Warranties outside the US may vary. Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping: Weight: 300 lbs (including pallet)
- Shipping Size: 72" x 30" x 25" (including pallet)
FAQ'sWhy is the PowerTower different to any other Total Gym unit?
The Total Gym PowerTower, specifically designed for rehabilitation and sports specific recovery, allows for incremental load changes during exercise at the touch of a button. It is able to load an incredible 1 - 72% bodyweight resistance through 26 calibrated incline levels that infinitely adjust. The patient themselves can also adjust the incline while exercising with the remote control handles.
Will the PowerTower fit into my facility easily?
Unfolded, the unit measures 107” x 38” x 78” [L/W/H] (2.7 m x 1.0 m x 2.0 m). It can be easily stowed away, as the hydraulic lift assists in folding. It folds and stores upright. The folded measurement is 20” x 38” x 65” [L/W/H] (.5 m x 1.0. m x 1.7 m).
How will my patients rehab quicker on the PowerTower?
Total Gym PowerTower recreates and strengthens the way your body executes daily physical activities and stores those functions in your muscle memory. Delivering the optimum functional training experience, the machine works multiple muscle groups together challenging proprioception and core stabilizers by integrating multi-plane movement and unrestricted range of motion in nearly every exercise. The incline plane design with incremental calibrated load adjustment, rolling glideboard and dynamic arm cable system makes it easy to begin at the user’s ability level, and allows the exercise specialist to create goal specific rehabilitation and training.
Can patients with spinal injuries or patients with other post surgical needs be helped?
Yes, the adjustable glideboard promotes optimal spinal alignment and training variations. The incline level can be easily adjusted to fit the patient’s needs and the Slide Distance Regulator accessory enables you to set the rolling distance of the glideboard especially applicable for post-surgical range of motion training and restrictions. The Total Gym Power Tower is so versatile, almost all patients with physical needs can be progressed.
Why would I purchase a PowerTower over any other rehabilitation product?
The Total Gym PowerTower’s versatility yields results at every level by working in all three cardinal planes plus multi-plane (3-D movement). Offering unrestricted range of motion, the adjustable cable-pulley force angles based on client size, girth and training objective. The PowerTower offers full body support, is joint friendly and non-compressive. With over 250 functional exercises, the PowerTower Clinical Package (and assortment of accessories included) will accelerate your patients’ recovery more quickly than any other product.
Can the PowerTower be used as a cash–based wellness program?
Yes. Many clinicians have discovered that they can continue their patients’ lifelong health by providing additional support beyond insurance determined visits. GRAVITY, a cash-based wellness program utilizing Total Gym equipment, provides physical therapists with the ability to seamlessly transition short-term rehab patients into long-term fitness clients and vice-versa. For no more than the cost of a co-pay, patients and clients receive top-of-the-line small group fitness training in a medical environment, under the supervision of a physical therapist or personal trainer who can address any specific concerns or issues safely and effectively. Fitness training in a group environment is a fast growing method to improve the fitness results for the exerciser, and the financial results for the owner through the economies of scale.
Do I need to make any special adjustments to my facility to accommodate the motorized feature?
No. If you are in the US, the PowerTower will just plug into the standard US socket. If you are outside the US, you will just need to purchase the relevant adaptor for your country’s type of wall socket.
Can I learn more about additional exercise options?
Yes, Total Gym offers a Physical Therapy In-Service video solution designed to enhance efficiency and effectiveness when using the Total Gym PowerTower with patients. Visit totalgymphysicaltherapy.com/pt-service/ for more information.
Testimonials"If I had to close my doors and choose only one piece of equipment to take with me, that would be my Total Gym PowerTower. It’s good for Cardio. It’s good for Strength Training. It’s good for everything!" - April Liedtke, Owner/Operator, The Circuit Family Fitness
"A great piece of equipment that will offer a challenge to your patient/client population. A great asset to any clinic." - Robert Conner, Infiniteworks Inc.
"We use the PowerTower daily to rehab all TKA & THA patients in the OP Gym. One patient to benefit was an 85 year old who was unable to get up off her chair and 6 weeks of rehab at progressive deep squats allowed her to move more freely bringing a smile to the faces of all." - Travis Wakefield, Mesa View PT.
"I have been using the Total Gym for over a year now and it has been a great experience for all of my patients. It is easy for the patient to see their progress each week as they increase levels and activity." - Lukas Tvedt, Athlon PT
"My total knee patients love it - they can control how much stretch force is applied to the knee. Our Total Gym is used every day. Definitely a key piece at our Clinic." - Dean Otvis, Benefits Health
"The Total Gym [PowerTower] is very effective and a great tool in our small facility. I use it daily and patients aren't scared of it like bigger pieces of equipment." - Tom Carson, Achieve Therapy
"I use the PowerTower for just nearly every orthopedic patient. Great product - a PT must have!" - Ben Jensen, Dry Creek PT
"I've had Total Gyms in my clinic for over 20 years. If you don't have one in your clinic you are missing out and so are your patients. This machine addresses patients ages 6 - 96 with no problem." - Jerry Klug, A1 Phys Rehab
"It is awesome to be able to regulate weight bearing for my total knee population, particularly the very physically-involved and to be able to progress them from ROM through strength, proprioception etc. Love the Total Gym [PowerTower]." - Laurie Holt, Achieve Therapy
"I've had a Total Gym in my clinic for over 15 years and the only thing we have replaced is the handles. It gets used all day. It's such a versatile piece of equipment!" - Jim Lewis, Mountain Land Rehab Clinic
"Total Gym [PowerTower] is an amazing product - it's like 50 machines in one - an amazing investment!" - Keith Glasser, Optimal Results
"I love Total Gym for my patients because it allows diversity. I use it with my young athletes meniscal injuries to adult females with OA. Great results and it allows them to have control of their outcomes." - Amenda Barnes, UNM
"I love how easy it is to get on and off and the range of activities available to a range of clients." - Heather Rasmussen, Fillmore Physical Therapy
"We have rehabbed multiple TKR patients on Total Gym. Its a simple progression and they can continue working at home with affordable Total Gym home versions, long after they have finished their Physical Therapy." - Bob Carpenter, Healthquest Physical Therapy
"I have a very small clinic and using the Total Gym allows me to maximize my floor space and help patients in a variety of fun, effective exercises." - Terri Brusseau-Kraus, Atala Physical Therapy.