Total Gym GTS recreates and strengthens the way your body executes daily physical activities and stores those functions in your muscle memory. This allows you to train more productively and more funtionally - using your own bodweight as resistance. The result is full body conditioning though the fitness continuum from early post-injury to high performance training.
The incline plane design with incremental calibrated load adjustment, rolling glideboard and dynamic arm cable system makes it easy to begin at the user’s ability level, and allows the exercise specialist to create goal specific training to take them to the next level.
Yielding outstanding results at every level—for the beginning exerciser to the elite athlete, the GTS provides all the stations of a strength circuit into one machine for a complete, full body workout.
|Benefits for the individual exerciser:
||Training applications and biomechanics:
- Short, efficient, full body workout producing fast, observable, body-changing results
- Body sculpting – recruits core abdominal and back muscles in every exercise
- Increased strength and endurance
- Improved coordination and balance
- Weight and inch loss, improved BMI
- Increased metabolism
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and athleticism
- Cardio-endurance gains during resistance training
- Low impact, safe, complete back support
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints
- Work in all three cardinal planes plus multi-plane (3-D) movement
- Unrestricted range of motion
- Adjust cable-pulley force angles based on client size, girth, and training objective
- Train prime stabilizers & proprioception
- Activity-specific work hardening, including sports-specific movement
- Explosive plyometric training for upper & lower extremities
- Full body support, joint friendly, non-compressive
- Over 200 exercises & variations
- Pilates evolved training & education
- Reliable tool for assessing lower body strength
- Full spectrum of training DVDs available
- Adjustable glideboard promotes optimal spinal alignment during transverse movements and allows for new additional training variations.
- Automatic rail locks allow for explosive plyometric jumping.
- Hydraulic rail lift assists level changes and easy two-step folding.
- Multiple center-pulley attachment points double arm-cable load and increase lower extremity ROM.
- LAT bars promote line-of-pull specificity for arm-cable exercises.
- Includes workout DVD.
- More than 250 exercises and variations from resistance training to Pilates.
- Resistance—1% to 62% of bodyweight.
- Tubing:: 1.7" x 3.2" Aluminum Extrusion (4.4cm x 8.1cm)
- Tower Construction: Tower is all reinforced steel, silver powder coating with internal level locking mechanism
- User Weight: Rated to 350 lbs. body weight. (159 kg)
- Maximum Load Capacity: 650 lbs. (295 kg) Inclusive of glideboard
- User Height Limit: 6' 5" (2.0 meters)
- Glideboard: 16" x 48" (41 cm x 122 cm). 7 position Adjustable angles
- Rollers: Better Sealed precision ball bearings
- Pulleys: ABS plastic protective sheild over a steel frame, Nylon roller with precision ball bearings
- Cables: 2000 lb. test (907.2 kg) nylon 12 coated steel aircraft cable
- Handles: Soft synthetic rubber Padded Handles with ABS swivel handle and nylon webbing for hammer grip action
- Unfolded: 107” x 38” x 69” [L/W/H] (2.4 m x 1.0 m x 1.8 m)
- Folded: 20” x 38” x 56” [L/W/H] (.5 m x 1.0 m x 1.4 m)
- Frame & Rail Construction: Anodized Aluminum Rails with all connections reinforce by steel or forged aluminum
- Unit Weight: 180 lbs (82 Kg)
- Electrical: N/A
- Board Upholstery: Glideboard - Heavy duty, Two tone design, box stitched, tear resistant vinyl
- Foam Padding: 1 1/2" (4 cm) high rebound, high density foam.
- Resistance Levels: 22 calibrated incline levels, with release lever to lock rails into place. 1% - 62% bodyweight
- Storage Capabilities: Hydraulic lift assists folding. Folds and stores upright. Rolls in hand-truck fashion.
- Included Equipment: 7 position Adjustable Glideboard; Dynamic [unilateral/bilateral] Pulley System; Multi-point pulley attachment to tower; soft grip LAT Bars with 7 pulley positions; Folding Foot Holder; Telescoping Squat Stand with 3 height positions and folding platform
- Rolling Range: 40" ( 1.0 meters)
Warranty and Shipping
- Commercial Warranty: Frame- 5 years
- Parts & Upholstery- 1 year
- Foam & Rubber- 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary.
- Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping: Weight: 265 lbs (including pallet)
- Shipping Size: 60" x 30" x 25" (including pallet)
FAQ'sWhy Total Gym incline bodyweight training?
Total Gym products embrace bodyweight training that promotes movement in and through the cardinal planes; plyometric, acceleration and deceleration training; neuromuscular stimulation of the proprioceptors; explosive movement; and calibrated partial loading for rehabilitation of injured joint(s).
Training on Total Gym allows any client population, young, old, de-conditioned or extremely fit, to workout efficiently and effectively at their own level in any desired movement pattern. The award winning Total Gym GTS utilizes incline plane resistance and provides a large variety of unique exercises using bodyweight to supply resistance. Fitness professionals utilize Total Gym incline training for improvements in strength, hypertrophy, flexibility, balance, power and endurance. The equipment can be easily adjusted for strength, mobility and awareness challenges or modifications, making it perfect for achieving any fitness goal.
What is adjustable incline bodyweight resistance?
Total Gym incline training provides unique and effective bodyweight training exercises by adapting the environment to accommodate and progress the user’s level of strength, mobility and awareness. Weight bearing exercises are well accepted as an integrative strategy to improve one’s overall health. Adjustable bodyweight training allows clients at any fitness level to acquire the benefits of bodyweight training with safe and effective resistance and exercise progression. For example, when comparing the squat exercise in the standing position to a squat on an incline plane, the incline position alone can decrease the overall compressive forces on the vertebral disks.
How is the GTS implemented in gyms?
As a functional piece of equipment that enables the user to perform over 250 different exercises the award winning Total Gym GTS is a complete workout machine delivering a full body workout. GRAVITY is a commercial fitness business model incorporating group workout classes through the use of the Total Gym GTS. GRAVITY is designed to invigorate, motivate and get results. Expand the key growth areas of your business, by focusing on high intensity interval training to mindful movement - each workout format is devised to target body conditioning and overall strengthening and is sure to keep your members coming back. For more information visit gravitystudio.com
Can the GTS be used in a wellness program?
Clinicians can continue their patients’ lifelong health by providing additional support beyond insurance determined visits. The GTS is successfully used in many cash-based wellness programs providing the ability to seamlessly transition short-term rehab patients into long-term fitness clients and vice-versa. Small group fitness training in a medical environment and under the supervision of a physical therapist or personal trainer can be provided for no more than the cost of a co-pay.
How many exercises can you perform on a GTS?
You can perform over 250 exercises and variations. Here’s a link to our wide range of exercises.
Testimonials"I received my GTS this morning and have to say, what a great piece of equipment! When we first spoke I shared that my interest in the unit was for personal home use. Given the price, I had high expectations. Honestly, it lived up to the billing and then some. I couldn't be happier.
I love the quality of the engineering and the ease at which the unit folds and unfolds. The LAT bars and pulley clamps are just one of the many things I found impressive. The smoothness of the glideboard feels like silk and I was pleased at how solid the adjustable height levels feel when elevated to different settings.
When the unit arrived, the first things I opened were the accessory boxes. I knew immediately I was going to be impressed given the quality of the finish and solid, durable feeling with each bar. The unit was packed very well and the ease of set up couldn't have been simpler."- Bob B.
"I got the GTS yesterday. Put it together last night. Worked out this morning.
This model is worth every penny. The quality is fantastic. I like the engineering touches - no banging pull up bar with glide bench when you do squats, everything was well thought out. Really, really nice. I am very happy."- Doug, Phoenix, AZ
"We love GRAVITY. The best revenue generator at my club!" - Vander Schmatz, Horsham Athletic Club
"I like how versatile the Total Gym GTS is. I enjoy teaching and participating in group workouts on the Total Gym GTS because it’s an engaging piece of equipment, and the group makes it more fun. I think participants are surprised how effective and challenging the GTS is. The Total Gym GTS gives our participants, that wouldn’t participate in strength or resistance training on their own, a great option to do so in a supervised group setting. Participants with different fitness levels can use it as a group because there are options for progressions/regressions and ability to increase/decrease tower height for resistance. I believe that by having the GTS machines we are making an impact on our student staff - it’s giving them a great option to train and teach in. They are able to provide a new element to their programming." - Auburn University trainer
"We love Total Gym! I have 5 GTS units in my clinic and the GRAVITY program has helped a ton of patients be fit and lose weight. It keeps them connected to our practice and adds a great option for our business."- David Browser, TexPTs
"The GTS allows participants to work at their own fitness level together in a larger group, so as an instructor, you can maximize the use of the machines by teaching in larger groups. The group dynamic is fun and inviting for women who do not want to strength train, but men are humbled when they use the machine for the first time and find out how challenging the group workout can be."- Auburn University Trainer
"We love our Total Gym GTS. We use it for all levels of patients and exercise class participants. Our "bootcamp" exercisers get a great workout and love progressing the difficulty of their jump drills."- Eddie Benner, Advanced Rehabilitation & Health Specialists
"We have Total Gyms in all of our clinics. Big fans of the Total Gym [GTS]. We use it for most of our patients. Very patient friendly."- Americo Rodrigues, Integrated Rehab
"I love GTS and GRAVITY - our members say it changes their bodies: stronger, leaner and it's all fun. We recouped the cost of our GTS's in 6 months with our small group training."- Michele Melkerson, BB Fitness Studios